Here’s what I have done so far for the month of January:
- Finished rough draft of one short story — and I’m almost done with the rewrite for my writers groups
- Almost done with a second short story — just need to add the end, which requires some shifting at the beginning. Then I’ll jump into the edit for that one and it’ll be ready for the CWC group (they get two stories!)
- Picked out the keeps for the Bundy portion of Up From the Basement (my serial killer poetry book) and started rewrites on the keeps
- Wrote three new poems for Bundy section
- Outlined Top Secret Project (which is really exciting because I got to use my new big ol’ white board! Go office supplies!)
- Did Round Story chapter for the UGWP project
- Finished UGWP critiques
Whew! Happy productivity. Doesn’t look too bad for a month’s work, does it?
I’m also spoiled because I get to stay home with the kiddos. My word count productivity has doubled now that I’m not wallowing in Retail Hell. First month of being a Writer Mom? I’d call it a success.
How are you guys hanging in there?